2020 SAJE in the Summer Program
There will be a one-time virtual camp day on Wednesday, July 8th. Multiple half hour sessions will take place throughout the afternoon and each lab session has a different emphasis. See schedule below:
- 2pm Listening Lab Session
- Participants will have a chance to hear a selected artist’s song from a famous jazz album. I will lead a brief discussion. (Instruments not required)
- 2:30pm BREAK
- 3pm Improvising Lab Session
- Participants will learn a basic element of soloing vocabulary and play in a call and response format.
- 3:30pm BREAK
- 4pm Jamming Lab Session
- Participants will experiment with incorporating what they have learned into a real-time performance! Some instructions and parameters will be given prior.
- 4:40pm Q and A session and wrap up
ALL OF THE ABOVE LAB SESSIONS ARE BEING OFFERED FREE OF CHARGE – just make sure you register for the ones you want with firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have your
information, ZOOM invite links will be sent the week of the workshop.
Thank you all so much for your patience. I am looking forward to seeing, hearing, and enjoying the joy of jazz with you again!
Artistic Director, SAJE
For more information about our programs and fees, please feel free to contact us.